A new Halo Infinite patch appears to have finally fixed its Big Team Battle mode’s matchmaking issues, which have persisted since early December.
In a tweet posted earlier today, the official Halo Infinite Twitter account confirmed the improvements to matchmaking in Big Team Battle. Players are being asked to close and relaunch Halo Infinite to install the patch.
The 13 Biggest Franchises Microsoft Will Own After the Xbox and Activision Deal
In addition to the problems with Big Team Battle, the new patch also resolved known campaign issues while also making balanced changes. A few of the most notable changes can be found here:
- Local Area Network (LAN) multiplayer is now available. There is a known issue for LAN multiplayer: Match settings changed in the Mode Editor still show as the defaults. The changed settings work as expected once the match begins.
- Players with AMD Radeon RX 500 Series GPUs no longer experience crashes because Async Compute in Video Settings is turned on.
- Players who have turned off Async Compute because of this can now turn it back on.
- If Halo Infinite is launched without an internet connection, players can connect to the internet while on the main menu and play online. This does not resolve all scenarios where the game is launched connected to the internet, later loses internet connection, and is stuck offline until the game is restarted.
- When launching in windowed mode on Steam, the window shows correct borders.
The post also includes several known campaign issues and workarounds for players who experience them. Meanwhile, Halo Infinite players are being compensated with five XP boosts and five Challenge Swaps, which are available to collect until February 16.
Halo Infinite was released late last year to great success, but it has faced plenty of criticism for its handling of its Battle Pass among other issues. Players are still awaiting more info on the release of campaign co-op and the Forge map creation, which are still in development.
Need help fighting a tough boss or finding all collectibles hidden around Zeta Halo? Look no further than these helpful guides.
See all this and plenty more in our complete Halo Infinite Guide and Walkthrough.
Kat Bailey is a Senior News Editor at IGN