Streaming service Crunchyroll officially confirmed that it will offer subscribers streams of the anime adaptation of Mashle: Magic and Muscles. The company announced the license in a press release, and added that it’ll be a simulcast, with episodes available in “over 200 territories and countries” day and date with the local Japanese schedule.
Crunchyroll also uploaded a subtitled trailer for the show.
The Mashle: Magic and Muscles anime is based on Hajime Komoto’s manga of the same name, which runs in the pages of Shonen Jump. It was first revealed during Japan’s Jump Festa event in December 2022. It follows the adventures of Mash Burnedead, a young man who lives in the deep forest. Unlike most of the other people in the world, Mash can’t use magic at all. All he wanted was to live in peace and quiet. However, strange people want him dead, and he finds himself enrolled at the Easton Magic Academy, aiming to become a “Divine Visionary,” an elite magician. Without the ability to actually use magic, he’ll have to surpass all the challenges and opponents the school places before him with nothing more than his perfect, well-trained muscles.
The Mashle: Magic and Muscles anime main voice cast was also confirmed:
- Mash – Chiaki Kobayashi (Yuichi in Tomodachi Game, Askeladd in Vinland Saga)
- Finn Ames – Reiji Kawashima (Fushi in To Your Eternity, Ricky in Shadows House)
- Lance Crown – Kaito Ishikawa (Tenya Iida in My Hero Academia, Dimitri in Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
- Dot Barrett – Takuya Eguchi (Loid Forger in Spy x Family, Hachiman in My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)
- Lemon Irvine – Reina Ueda (Veyle in Fire Emblem Engage, Reze in Chainsaw Man)
Mashle: Magic and Muscles airs in April 2023, and it will be streaming on Crunchyroll in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Oceania, Middle East, and CIS. It’ll also appear on services in other regions.