Since Nintendo announced it would be closing the 3DS eShop earlier this year, we’ve been keeping our beady eyes on the little handheld so we can complete our digital libraries before the Big N pulls the plug.
If you’ve been following along with us, you know Sega / Atlus has been discounting their 3DS catalogue pretty generously in the US. This sale has caused a big kerfuffle in the 3DS eShop chart. Last month’s reigning champion Pokémon Crystal has been knocked off the top spot Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, Atlus’ fantastic time travelling turn-based RPG.
In fact, it’s almost an entirely different list with Sega and Atlus games taking a stranglehold on the charts. Only three games in the top 20 are not Atlus / Sega published or developed, and all three are Pokémon rereleases!
Shin Megami Tensei IV and its sequel, Apocalypse, Persona Q and Q2, and multiple entries in the Etrian Odyssey series are some of the big highlights. Check out the full list, courtesy of Nintendo Everything:
1. Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
2. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
3. Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
4. Pokémon Crystal
5. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
6. Shin Megami Tensei IV
7. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
8. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
9. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
10. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
11. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
12. 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2
13. Stella Glow
14. Pokémon Yellow
15. Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure
16. Etrian Odyssey V
17. Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
18. 7th Dragon III Code: VFD
19. Etrian Odyssey IV
20. Pokémon Red
If you live in the US and want to grab some Sega / Atlus goodies, you’ve got until 17th April – so hop to it! And let us know if you’re stocking up on your 3DS games before the eShop closes in the comments.