So many vampire puns to avoid here.
BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites was just released for Nintendo Switch earlier this month, and it seems fans of the franchise are in for yet another treat. Publisher Ziggurat Interactive has just announced that “revamped” editions of the original BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 are heading to Nintendo Switch and other consoles this fall. Both games will be available digitally and through an exclusive physical release through Limited Run Games.
Originally introduced to gamers in 2002, BloodRayne is a third-person horror action series that follows Rayne…
…a brutal half-vampire femme fatale traveling the world to foil Nazi plans, battle supernatural threats, and uncover more about her vampiric heritage. Featuring a unique protagonist, fast-action combat, vampiric powers, and a globe-spanning storyline, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 offered a dynamic and visceral gameplay experience.
The remastered ReVamped Editions will feature:
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160)
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Improvements to lighting at the engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- Localizations include voiced audio and localized text for English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish for BloodRayne. BloodRayne 2 will receive voiced audio in English and Russian, as well as localized text for English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
We currently don’t have much more than the logo to go on for what to expect from the remasters, but we’ll keep our eyes open for updates as we near release. In the meantime, you can learn more about the games (in their “Terminal Cut” PC editions) at ziggurat.games.