Star Renegades was an excellent release in late 2020; we rather enjoyed its gameplay blend of roguelite, RPG and strategy in our review at the time. Developer Massive Damage has continued to work on the game since release, and now it has a major free DLC expansion on the way that’ll give the game even more depth.
It’s out on PC on 16th December, with consoles to get the update in early 2022 – hopefully not long, then. It’ll add a new endgame challenges, additional units, and most importantly a new ending for the story.
- A New Dimension: Take the fight right to the heart of the tyrannical regime by invading their home turf. It won’t be easy, but you can finally put an end to the multidimensional menace that calls itself The Imperium!
- New Opponents: New Behemoths arrive on the scene! They’re far more powerful than any opponent you have faced so far – so powerful that you’ll get a sixth hero(!!!) to fight them with! That’s right, it’s PRIME TIME, baby!
- Recruitable Progeny: Finally, you’ll be able to recruit Progeny / Hero Variants mid-run (presuming you’ve unlocked them, of course!)
- A New Ending: With the incursion into the Prime Dimension comes the climax of the Star Renegades’ trials. After everything your squad’s have been through, witness the end of the Imperium’s machinations and experience the finale of the story.
- A New Renegade: The Dark Paragon – Recruit a potent new damage dealer who can steal health from your foes (with the aid of an alien parasite) and change forms in the middle of battle!
As mentioned above, it’s hopefully not far away from consoles once the final testing and submissions are complete. Let us know in the comments if you’re a fan of the game, and perhaps tempted to revisit when the DLC arrives.