Sucker Punch Productions has rolled out Ghost of Tsushima Legends patch 2.17, which adds a new Custom Mode option for Platinum Survival alongside crafting system updates and bug fixes. Players can now enable up to four difficulty modifiers and up to three Nightmare hazards in a match. It’s a hefty patch, and arrives just in time as Legends is part of March 2021’s PlayStation Plus lineup.
Ghost of Tsushima Legends update 2.17 details
Matchmaking is disabled for the aforementioned Custom Mode but it can be used as Fill Party goal. Players who want an extreme level of challenge can enable all four difficulty modifiers and all three Nightmare hazards in a single match. Crafting system changes and other updates are as follows:
Crafting System Updates
- When re-rolling a gear property, Keep Existing Property has been replaced with Increase Existing Property. This provides a path for getting maximum stat values on gear without relying on RNG.
- Revised property rerolls. Rerolled stats will never decrease in effectiveness.
- Added the ability to reroll locked perks and stats on 120 Ki gear for the additional cost of one Purified Gear Item per reroll.
- Added accessibility option Dark Flash Bomb Effect. This changes the color of flash bomb screen effects to black. (This option applies to both Legends and the single-player campaign)
- Changed hwacha behavior so it won’t immediately target players upon spawning
- Assassins are now less likely to be targeted by enemies in the middle of a Chain Vanish streak
- Added a new Fill Party goal: Purify Cursed Objects
- Fixed a bug causing some Feats to incorrectly unlock when completing a mission on Platinum instead of Nightmare
- Replaced wave 12 world mod in Blood & Steel with Toxic Clouds •Fixed a rare issue where world modifiers would fail to network
- Resolved an error message that would occasionally appear after the conclusion of a match
- Localization fixes
Opinion: Ghost of Tsushima Legends’ ongoing support is impressive
Zarmena writes… Ghost of Tsushima Legends’ popularity took me by surprise. It was a little unexpected and I didn’t think it would have the legs that it does. But here we are, and Sucker Punch has done an excellent job with ongoing support. I’m curious to find out if the studio will continue Legends as it is à la GTA Online or if we’ll get a new, improved version with an inevitable sequel.