- New Maps and Modes featured in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Open Beta
- Pre-Order the Vault Edition and use the Red Team 141 Operators and the FJX Cinder Weapon Vault in the Beta
- Full details on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II free Beta rewards
The Modern Warfare II Open Beta starts tomorrow on Xbox! Make sure to join the Open Beta to experience some of the new content coming to Modern Warfare II before it launches on October 28.
New Maps and Modes in the Modern Warfare II Open Beta
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Open Beta will feature classic modes of the franchise as well as bringing new modes into the mix showcasing Infinity Ward’s design focus and refinement across a variety of MP maps and modes. Here’s some intel on the new maps and modes available during the Open Beta:
Battle Maps (up to 32 v 32)
Maps created for Ground War are known collectively as Battle Maps, and are based on key learnings from the creation of Call of Duty: Warzone’s Verdansk. Topline intel includes the following:
- Battle Maps are accessible within the Ground War modes, for up to 32v32 players.
- During the Open Beta you’ll have access to two Battle Maps: Sariff Bay and Sa’id, where there will be plenty of action on land, sea and air.
- They are both nested within the world of Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0
Core Maps (6v6)
- All the Core 6v6 MP maps are custom-made, built specifically for 6v6 game modes.
- Valderas Museum is set in Spain, with very clean sightlines, easy-to-read thoroughfares, and modern architecture.
- Compare this to Farm 18, a training facility in an undisclosed location within an old, abandoned cement factory and a “Shoothouse” in the middle of it.
- Breenbergh Hotel – located in the heart of Amsterdam’s bustling museum district and is broken up into clusters of rooms, which gives each lane some distinction and crossovers for flanking maneuvers.
- Mercado Las Almas is a small bustling marketplace with fast-paced routes and lanes that blend together that lead to pure, frenetic fun.
- Expect a robust collection of additional maps for Modern Warfare II at launch and across every subsequent season.
New Mode: Knockout
Aside from the fan-favorite core modes like Team Deathmatch and Domination, the Open Beta will include brand-new modes coming to Modern Warefare II, starting with Knockout:
- Two teams fight over a bag of Cash placed in the middle of the map. Running over the bag captures it for the team, with the bag holder’s position appearing on the minimap.
- Eliminate the opposing force or hold the package to win. No respawns. Teammates can revive each other.
- Hold the bag for 60 seconds, or eliminate the entire enemy team and win the round.
New Mode: Prisoner Rescue
What happens when you take Search & Destroy and crank up the stakes? Prisoner Rescue is a new mode made with innovations to the equipment in mind and with “breach and siege” gameplay front and center:
- Each team has a prisoner to protect, held close to their spawn area.
- Locate the hostages and get them out alive or defend them at all costs. No respawns. Team revives are enabled.
- Points are awarded for every prisoner prevented from being extracted (Defenders) or for every prisoner extracted or held at the end of the round (Attackers), or if the defenders are neutralized.
- Ensure you have enough teammates to defend your prisoner while pushing forward to secure the opposition’s hostage.
New Mode: Invasion
Crank up the mayhem in a massive Deathmatch set across sprawling Battle Maps:
- This is war. A massive and chaotic battle with a mix of player and AI fighting alongside each other
- Earn points by eliminating the AI and human enemies with Loadout items, vehicles, Killstreaks, and UAV or Counter-UAV assistance.
- Each team starts with a maximum of 32 Operators, bolstered by AI combatants, all infiltrating the map from a headquarters.
- Neutral Killstreak Care Packages periodically drop throughout the map. Grab one — don’t be on the receiving end of one!
- The team with the most points at the end of an allotted time wins.
A New Perspective: Third Person
Offering up a new tactical way to play Multiplayer, so get ready for a change of perspective…
- In this mode, the camera is set a few feet back over the right shoulder of your Operator. This allows you more perspective on your overall surroundings, in exchange for less depth of field in front of you.
- You’re able to “shoulder swap” (change the view from your right to left shoulder), assisting you when peeking around corners.
- Your crosshair is automatically set in the middle of the screen, along with an “X” — sometimes in a separate crosshair — whenever the camera is angled behind an object. This shows where a bullet would hit if you fired the weapon.
- When you’re aiming down sights (ADS), the perspective switches to a First-Person view, allowing for more accurate firing.
- Across Multiplayer and specific modes within Modern Warfare II are clearly defined “Third-Person” Playlists.
- The curent plan for the Open Beta and launch is to keep Third-Person and First-Person Playlists separate, but stay tuned down the road.
Pre-Order the Vault Edition and use the Red Team 141 Operators and the FJX Cinder Weapon Vault in the Beta
Once you pre-order the Vault Edition you’ll gain access to a wide array of pre-order rewards as well as unlocking unique content inside the Vault Edition. During the Beta, The Red Team 141 and the first-ever Weapon Vault the FJX Cinder will be available to all Vault Edition owners.
- Red Team 141: Four playable Multiplayer Operators — Ghost, Farah, Price, and Soap — each wearing a special masked outfit, which will be available during the Open Beta.
- FJX Cinder Weapon Vault: A Weapon Vault is the ultimate Weapon Blueprint, a variant of a weapon that keeps its cosmetic properties on all attachments native to its base platform. Prepare to create an extension of your personal playstyle like never before which will also be available during the Open Beta.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Free Beta Rewards
No matter when you’re accessing the Open Beta, get ready to earn the biggest collection of free rewards ever in Call of Duty history! A total of ten different reward items — including two Weapon Blueprints and an Operator Skin — can be earned throughout the Open Beta. These items can be equipped in the Beta as soon as you unlock them, and they are only available to unlock during the Beta itself.
Rewards that are unlocked are yours to keep at the launch of Modern Warfare II. Beta rewards will also be available in Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 releasing later this year. Here’s what to unlock:
Emblem: “Smashed It”: Unlocks at Operator Level 2
Charm: “Buckle Up”: Unlocks at Operator Level 4
Player Cards: “Passed the Test”: Unlocks at Operator Level 6
Sticker: “Operation First Blood”: Unlocks at Operator Level 10
Weapon Blueprint: “Side Impact”: Unlocks at Operator Level 15
Operator Skin: “Collision”: Unlocks at Operator Level 18
Vinyl: “No Competition”: Unlocks at Operator Level 19
Sticker: “Safety First”: Unlocks at Operator Level 21
Vehicle Skin: “Floor It”: Unlocks at Operator Level 26
Weapon Blueprint: “Frontal Impact”: Unlocks at Operator Level 30
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II – Cross-Gen Bundle
Activision Publishing Inc.
Includes: – Cross Gen Bundle of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II — Includes Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game Welcome to the new era of Call of Duty®. Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II drops players into an unprecedented global conflict that features the return of the iconic Operators of Task Force 141. Infinity Ward brings fans state-of-the-art gameplay, with all-new gun handling, advanced AI system, a new Gunsmith and a suite of other gameplay and graphical innovations that elevate the franchise to new heights. Modern Warfare® II launches with a globe-trotting single-player campaign, immersive Multiplayer combat and an evolved Special Ops game mode featuring tactical co-op gameplay. For more information, please visit www.callofduty.com. © 2022 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY and MODERN WARFARE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. This product contains software technology licensed from Id Software (‘Id Technology’). Id Technology © 1999-2022 Id Software, Inc.
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II – Vault Edition
Activision Publishing Inc.
The Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II – Vault Edition includes the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game. Existing Modern Warfare® II Digital Cross-Gen Bundle owners can upgrade to the Vault Edition as part of a limited time offer. Includes: – Cross Gen Bundle of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II — Includes Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game – Red Team 141 Operator Pack: — 4 Operators: Ghost, Soap, Farah and Price – FJX Cinder – First-Ever Weapon Vault* – Battle Pass (1 Season) + 50 Tier Skips** Welcome to the new era of Call of Duty®. Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II drops players into an unprecedented global conflict that features the return of the iconic Operators of Task Force 141. Infinity Ward brings fans state-of-the-art gameplay, with all-new gun handling, advanced AI system, a new Gunsmith and a suite of other gameplay and graphical innovations that elevate the franchise to new heights. Modern Warfare® II launches with a globe-trotting single-player campaign, immersive Multiplayer combat and an evolved Special Ops game mode featuring tactical co-op gameplay. *Weapon Vault design limited to Weapon Vault contents at launch. **Battle Pass and Tier Skips, or equivalent versions, will be accessible in Modern Warfare® II once the Season 1 Battle Pass, or equivalent system, is made available in game. Battle Pass redemption applies to one season of Modern Warfare® II Battle Pass, or equivalent system, only. For more information, please visit www.callofduty.com. © 2022 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY and MODERN WARFARE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. This product contains software technology licensed from Id Software (‘Id Technology’). Id Technology © 1999-2022 Id Software, Inc.